NON-BINDING REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
This is to inform the general public that R & Partners Law Firm (R&P) has been mandated by the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Kigali (the Embassy) to act, on its behalf, in the transaction of sale of its property with prime location – the ‘’Plateau’’- at KN 4 Avenue, n° 11 in Nyarugenge – Kigali, opposite Lycée Notre Dame de Citeaux (“the Property”).
The size of the Property is approximately 4.627sqm with 284.02sqm houses and 64sqm outbuilding.
The Property shall be sold ‘’as is’’ and the sale process shall be as follows:
• The sale shall be done through submission of bids by interested bidders to the Embassy of the Republic of Germany located at KN 27 No.5, Kiyovu, addressed to the Head of Administration.
• Submissions shall be made during working hours, i.e from 8:00 AM – 12:00 not later than 5th April 2021;
• Interested bidders shall, by way of their submissions, express interest in purchasing the Property by:
1) Stating in their submissions the exact purchase price in Rwandan Francs (without any condition) they are able and willing to pay for acquiring the Property;
2) The bids must remain valid for at least one (1) month period following the date of closing of submission of bids;
3) Enclosing along with their submissions, a certified check of an equivalent sum of five (5%) of the submitted purchase price from a reputable financial institution. This amount shall be considered as a deposit deductible from the purchase price on the date of payment.
• The five (5%) of the purchase price deposit shall not be refundable in the event that the successful bidder is unable to pay the full purchase price within ten (10) working days period from the date of notification;
• Unsuccessful bidders shall collect their certified checks upon issuance of notification to the successful bidder;
• The bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope and shall remain as such until the deadline for submission has expired. They shall be opened thereafter without necessarily the presence of the bidders.
• A successful bidder shall be the one whose price is higher than the prices offered by other bidders in their submissions accepted by the German authorities (Bundesanstalt für Immobilienaufgaben. However, the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany reserves the right of not selling the Property to any of the bidders, if it judges that the submitted prices are below the market value of the Property or for any other relevant reason.
• Upon notification, the successful bidder shall sign a Provisional Sale Agreement of the Property and pay all required administrative fees for processing the transfer.
• The purchase price shall be paid, by certified check within a period of ten (10) working days from the date of notification.
• Upon payment of the purchase price, the buyer shall duly sign a land transfer contract and subsequently title transferred into his/her names.
• All certified checks shall be drawn in the name of: Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The above Property can be visited at its indicated location during working hours from Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
For further inquiries feel free to contact us on Tel: 0788 3053 17
0788 3045 58